Sign up now for a free course that will help you have the life you want. Learn how to become responsible for your health and your future.
PREP, the Personal Responsibility Education Program, features sessions with brainstorming, games, videos, skill-building activities and discussions. The topics include:
- Making your dreams come true
- Understanding sexuality
- Avoiding the consequences of sex: disease and pregnancy
- Dealing with pressure from your friends and partner
- Building a healthy relationship
- Communicating and resolving conflict
- Breaking up
- Dating violence
- Talking with your parents
Here are the details:
- Ages: 10 to 19 years old
- Program length: 8 weeks
- Sessions: Tuesdays, 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Kirkwood Health Center, 30 Warren Street (at the corner of Hosea Williams Blvd.), Atlanta
- Start date: mid-February, but you can join in at any time
- Fee: None
You will receive a certificate for completing the program.
To sign up: Fill out the registration form and return it to the address below. Since you can sign up at any time, there is no deadline.
For more information, contact:
Tesi Gillispie, M.S.
Youth Development Coordinator
DeKalb County Board of Health
30 Warren Street
Atlanta, GA 30317