The holiday season is here! To make sure that your holiday is a safe one, we have provided 12 tips for Holiday Health.
- Wash your Hands.Avoid getting yourself, and others, sick this holiday season. Wash your hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds.
- Stay Warm!If you are celebrating the holidays in an area with cold temperatures, dress in layers of comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Decorate Safely.Make sure to keep all decorations away from any heat source. Turn off any decorative lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Drink responsibly!Be cautious about your alcohol consumption. Use a designated driver or cab service, if you choose to drink away from your home.
- Buckle up!Keep your loved ones and yourself safe during holiday travel. Wear your seat belt!
- Check your stress levels.Set budgets for holiday shopping to avoid overspending. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family. Think positive, and keep yourself and your priorities balanced.
- Get your flu shot.Flu season is still here! Protect yourself for the holidays and get your flu shot today!
- Get regular sleep!Make sure to rest up for the holidays by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day. Make sure your sleeping area is relaxing and comfortable.
- Keep the kids safe!If purchasing gifts, be mindful of any potential safety hazards. Cover electrical sockets, and keep harmful items out of children’s reach. Double check car seats and seat belts before holiday travel.
- Travel safe.Make a list of important phone numbers, in case of an emergency. Be aware of If you are driving, review your travel route prior to getting on the road.
- Practice food safety.Make sure to keep raw meats separate from other foods. Ensure all food is cooked Wash your hands and counters often. Refrigerate perishable items.
- Stay healthy!Make sure to stay active during the holidays. Choose the best and healthiest food choices possible. Keep up a regular exercise routine to stay in shape!
For more tips and updates on DeKalb County Board of Health, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Have a safe and healthy holiday season!