For more information, you can view a brief description of our services listed below or by calling one of our conveniently located health centers. To find the closest center near you, visit the health centers section of our website.
- Call for 404-508-7845 for more information.
- The Office of Injury Prevention identifies the leading causes of injury and injury-related death to persons of all ages. Two coalitions, Safe Kids of DeKalb and Safe Communities of DeKalb, work to develop and implement prevention programs to reduce injuries and injury-related death. Visit our web pages.
- The Vital Records Department is responsible for maintaining birth certificates for children born in DeKalb County and death certificates of county residents. The department is responsible for the issuing certified copies of birth or death certificates according to the fees established by the state Department of Vital Records.
- Contact for more information.
- M.O.R.E. stands for Mothers Offering Resources and Education. The program is a FREE service and is for pregnant women and women who have an infant less than one-year-old.
Children’s Medical Services
- Provides coordination of service to children from birth to age 21 who have disabling conditions or chronic diseases. Click here to learn more.
- Call for 404-294-3762 more information.
Perinatal case management
- Perinatal care is offered at all centers. Contact a health center near you for more information.
- Georgia Public Schools require that children receive hearing and vision examinations and be issued certificates of completion before entry into school. We provide age-appropriate hearing, vision and dental screening for children at all our health clinics. Please contact your local health center for further information.
- Childhood vaccines are a safe and prudent way of maintaining the health of children in DeKalb County. The Board of Health provides walk-in services for all required and recommended vaccines for children to be able to attend schools and daycare centers. We are a Vaccine For Children (VFC) provider. Learn more.
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children. WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care. Learn more.
- Our program offers screenings and travel immunizations for people traveling to other countries. We will help you make your trip is a healthy one Learn more.
- Parent to Parent: search for providers in your community. www.p2pga.force.com/Provider
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Public Portal: online portal gives you access to thousands of providers and community resources across the State of Georgia. Available 24/7. www.resourcehouse.com/hmhb
- American Academy of Pediatrics – GA Chapter: the official website of the American Academy of Pediatrics for parents on accurate, trusted and up-to-date information on issues regarding infants, children, and adolescents. www.HealthyChildren.org