The DeKalb County Board of Health is providing early back-to-school services that include immunizations and vision, hearing and dental screenings, as well as special
extended hours for working parents.
Georgia law requires that children enrolling in a childcare facility or public or private school receive specific vaccinations and screenings. Children entering childcare
or school or transferring into DeKalb County must submit an up-to-date Georgia immunization form 3231 and a Georgia screening form 3300.
Students entering a college or university should check the institution’s requirements.
Extended hours will be held on the following dates only for back-to school services: Tuesday, August 6; Wednesday, August 7; Thursday, August 8; Monday,
August 12; Tuesday, August 13 and Wednesday, August 14.
The health centers are open Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Services available on a first come, first served basis.
To expedite the process for back-to-school services, parents should:
- Bring each child and his or her immunization record.
- Be prepared to pay by cash, debit/credit card or a check from a Georgia bank.
Medicaid, Peachcare for Kids, State Health Benefits Plan (Cigna and United
Healthcare) and other insurances are accepted. Please bring your card.
Early back-to-school services are available at:
- Central DeKalb (T. O. Vinson) Health Center, 440 Winn Way, Decatur, (404) 294-3762
- East DeKalb Health Center, 2277 S. Stone Mountain-Lithonia Road, Lithonia, (770) 484-2600
- North DeKalb Health Center, 3807 Clairmont Rd., Chamblee, (770) 454-1144
- Clifton Springs Health Center, 3110 Clifton Springs Rd., Decatur, (404) 244-2200
Birth certificates of persons born in Georgia are available for $25 from the Board of Health’s Office of Vital Records, room 191, Richardson Health Center, 445 Winn
Way, Decatur. A Georgia driver’s license or other state identification card is required. Only a legal parent, grandparent or guardian can obtain a birth certificate for a child under 18 years old. Payment for certificates can be made in cash or by debit or credit card. Checks are not accepted. Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Office of Vital Records can be reached at (404) 294-3783.