Office of the Director
Mission, Vision and Core Values
The mission of DeKalb County Board of Health is “to protect, promote, and improve the health of those who work, live, and play in DeKalb County.”
The vision of the DeKalb County Board of Health is to be the leader in creating and healthier DeKalb County through:
- Informing, educating, and empowering the community about public health issues through diverse communication channels.
- Mobilizing the community through partnerships to address public health problems.
- Developing policies and plans to support community health efforts.
- Linking people to public health services and resources.
- Demonstrating quality and excellence.
The following are the core values of DeKalb County Board of Health:
- Respect. We have respect for our community, or patients, our clients, each other, and ourselves.
- Teamwork. We accomplish our work through teamwork throughout the organization.
- Customer-Oriented Service. We provide excellent customer-oriented, culturally competent service both internally and externally.
- Honesty and Integrity. We practice honesty and integrity at all levels in the agency.
- Data-Based Decisions. Our decisions are based on accurate, up-to-date data and information.
- Personal Accountability. We are personally accountable at all levels of the organization.
- Community Engagement. We will continuously seek input from the community on health priorities, agency goals and objectives.