Office of the Director
The Office of the Director
The director serves as the chief executive officer of the DeKalb County Board of Health. Sandra Elizabeth Ford, M.D., M.B.A. has served as director since 2005.
- Managing the Board of Health’s staff and resources toward achieving its mission, goals and objectives.
- Directing the agency’s programs and budgets.
- Preparing studies on the community’s health status, needs and resources.
- Reporting to the Board of Health members and proposing rules, regulations and policies for their approval.
- Representing the interests of the Board of Health to the Georgia Department of Human Resources and the interests of the Department to the Board.
- Ensuring that the agency complies with federal, state and county rules and regulations.