Strategic Alliance for Health
Strategic Alliance for Health communities improve community health through sustainable, innovative and evidence-based community health promotion and chronic disease prevention interventions. To do this, Strategic Alliance for Health communities focus on building local capacity to:
- Institute policy, systems and environmental changes related to promoting physical activity and nutrition and reducing tobacco use and exposure.
- Improve and increase access to quality health care.
- Help eliminate racial/ethnic and socioeconomic health disparities.
- Reduce complications from and the incidence of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
DeKalb County has a five year (2008-2013) cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to implement Strategic Alliance of Health initiative.
- Policy changes
- Environment changes
- Systems changes
- Health care settings
- Promote physical activity and nutrition
- Reduce tobacco use and exposure
- Build capacity to enable communities to institute systems, environmental, organizational and policy changes
The intervention area includes: Chamblee, Clarkston, Doraville and McNair Communities