To prevent injuries by empowering individuals, families, and our community through providing data, training, and leadership, and by leveraging resources for injury prevention programs.
A county where injuries and their burden are minimized and a safety culture is created.
The main functions of the Injury Prevention Unit are:
- Providing data to community groups and the public at large.
- Providing technical assistance in program evaluation and coalition building to community groups.
- Disseminating knowledge on the proper use of safety equipment.
- Reducing stigma around substance use disorders.
- Providing support to local coalitions and our community to promote safe, injury-free behaviors and lifestyles.
The Injury Prevention Unit is part of the Health Assessment and Promotion Department.
- Frequently Asked Questions Child Passenger Safety and Child Safety seats
- Child Passenger Safety Survey Georgia’s Child Passenger Safety Law
- Governor’s Office of Highway Safety
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Safe Kids Worldwide
- DeKalb County Police
- CDC, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
- Fire Protection Agency
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Georgia Poison Center