Procedures to obtain a Body Craft Studio Permit
- Download a copy of the Rules and Regulations for Body Crafting, Chapter 13, Article XI, Code of DeKalb County, GA, Sections 13-300 to 13-325 or obtain a copy at the DeKalb County Environmental Health Department, 445 Winn Way suite 320, Decatur, GA 30030 (404) 508-7900.
- Before you rent, lease, or buy a potential location call the DeKalb County Planning & Development Department (404) 371-2155, or go to http://web.co.dekalb.ga.us/permitting/online_registration.html, and obtain the zoning approval to establish a body craft studio at this address. If you choose to locate your studio in one of the 10 municipalities in DeKalb (Atlanta, Avondale, Decatur, Clarkston, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain, Lithonia, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Tucker) you may need to obtain the zoning approval through those municipalities.
- Prior to any construction, you will need a plan review by the DeKalb County Board of Health, Division of Environmental Health. There is a $175 Plan Review Fee due at the time of the plan review. You will need a sketch of your studio for the plan review. The sketch will need to be complete and include the procedure room, the waiting area, all sinks, and bathrooms. The sketch does not need to be an architectural drawing. The plan review will include a review of your plans and an explanation of the permit process. It will also include an item by item explanation of the inspection requirements. A successful completion of two inspections, a permitting inspection and a routine inspection, is required to obtain your permit.
- Finish all construction and obtain a Certificate of Occupancy (from the same departments or municipalities listed in step 2 above). This is your construction, electrical, plumbing and Fire Department approval. This is necessary to obtain your Body Craft Studio Permit.
- Contact the Division of Environmental Health at (404) 508-7900 for your final inspection. You must be in compliance with every aspect of the Rules and Regulations for Body Crafting, Chapter 13, Article XI, Code of DeKalb County, GA, Sections 13-300 to 13-325 to obtain your permit.
- Once you have completed these steps you can obtain your permit from the Division of Environmental Health. There is a $400 annual permit fee. You will be inspected at least 2 times per year to determine compliance with the regulations. These inspections will be unannounced.