The DeKalb County Board of Health Vital Records Office maintains birth records for the State of Georgia only.
Birth or death records from states other than Georgia, please visit http://www.cdc.gov.
Requesting Copies of Vital Records
What You Should Know:
- Only the registrant, an immediate family member or legal representative can request a birth certificate.
- Anyone may request a death certificate.
When is the Vital Records Office open?
- Vital Records opens at 8:00 a.m. and closes at 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Our office is closed for state holidays
- Home birth registration is done by appointment only by calling 404-294-3783
How do I request copies of my birth or death certificate?
- Visit our office at 445 Winn Way, Suite 191, Decatur, Georgia 30030
- Mail your request to
- Fax your request to
Source: Department of Public Health. This information was prepared as a public service of the DeKalb County Board of Health to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.