Office of the Director
The DeKalb County Board of Health is one of the most innovative local public health agencies in the nation. The key to building a great health department is more than state-of-the-art facilities or the latest technology. It is attracting bright, talented and enthusiastic staff and organizing them for maximum efficiency.
Click on the arrow icon to learn how each part of the Board of Health complements the others.
- The Organizational Chart
- Board of Health Members
- Office of the Director
The director serves as the chief executive officer of the DeKalb County Board of Health. Sandra Elizabeth Ford, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.A.P., has served as director since 2005.
The directors duties include:
- Managing the Board of Health’s staff and resources toward achieving its mission, goals and objectives.
- Directing the agency’s programs and budgets.
- Preparing studies on the community’s health status, needs and resources.
- Reporting to the Board of Health members and proposing rules, regulations and policies for their approval.
- Representing the interests of the Board of Health to the Georgia Department of Human Resources and the interests of the Department to the Board.Ensuring that the agency complies with federal, state and county rules and regulations.
- Health Assessment and Promotion
- Clinical Operations
- Dental Services
- Community Administrators (North/South)
- County-Wide Services
- Healthcare Programs
- Clinical Nursing Coordinators
- Clifton Springs Health Center
- East DeKalb Health Center
- Kirkwood Health Center
- North DeKalb Health Center
- Richardson Health Center
- T.O. Vinson Health Center
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Internal Services
- Vital Records